We are looking forward to you joining the Digital Marketing Kitchen webinar! Here are some tips, procedures, and recommendations to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Your Host Information
cory at corymiller dot com
Karen Johnson, Cory’s Digital Wrangler
karen at corymiller dot com
Format of the Webinar
The webinar can take two formats:
- If Interview format: Cory will be in touch to decide on a topic and you will discuss the outline for the interview.
- If Presentation format: Cory will be the emcee and introduce you. Thereafter, you will share your screen and guide viewers through your presentation. Please be sure to share the presentation with us beforehand in pdf format.
Order of events
- Start time: Please arrive 10 minutes before the start. We will test the mic/audio and video setup before going live.
- Countdown: Cory will give a countdown to going live.
- The start: We go live on time, every time at the top of the hour—AT&T time.
- Beginning: Some basic housekeeping points will be covered first.
- Introduction: Cory will introduce you and the topic for the day.
- Chat and questions: You can ignore the chat and Q&A functions as Cory will elevate those to you at the appropriate times.
- Q&A: We will try to leave 10-15 minutes for open Q&A time at the end if we have questions from the audience.
- The end: Wrap up and thanks will end the webinar at the top of the hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we do a practice call before?
Yes. Book a 30-minute timeslot in Cory’s Calendly and we will be in touch.
Where is my Zoom link for the webinar?
When the webinar is created you are emailed your Zoom link. Search for “Zoom Panelist” in your email.
Will we have an outline?
Yes, Cory will be in touch with you to discuss the topic and outline for the webinar.
Will the webinar be recorded?
Yes, the webinar will be recorded and posted to commercejourney.com within 24 hours. The replay will also be shared on social media.
Equipment Suggestions for Best Experience
- Device: Please use a laptop or desktop, not a mobile device or iPad.
- Power: Live streaming uses a lot of battery power, if you are on a laptop please ensure it is plugged into the power so that the battery does not run down during the webinar.
- Internet: WiFi is not always reliable and it can reduce the sound and picture quality. If you can, please plug your computer into the router.
- Audio/Microphone: Use an external microphone, one built into a wired headset or a lapel. We recommend you use AirPods or a headset with mic built in.
- Disturbances: Ensure your phone and computer are both set to ‘Do Not Disturb’ to prevent notifications from social media and email coming through. And find a quiet space where you will not be disturbed for the duration of the webinar.
- Camera view: Set up your camera view so that you are looking straight into the camera lens, not looking up or down. If needs be you can prop up your laptop or monitor with books.
- Lighting: Situate yourself in a well lit room, or set up lights in such a way as not to create shadows.
- Connection: Close all windows and programs except for Zoom on your computer for better internet speeds.
Connecting to Zoom
If you have not already done so, it is best to create a Zoom account. Please do this well in advance of the webinar as it might take a couple of days to complete the process. You can set up your Zoom account here…
It is recommended that you download the Zoom app to your device. You can download the Zoom app here…
Do You Have Questions?
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact us here.